Monday, March 12, 2007

Sun Glasses

When I came for joining Ordnance Factories way back in 1963, I remember my first "experience"
with Sun Glasses. Having come from an area in Andhra Pradesh, which was equivalent to a Town-- there was not much of development. Those were my first days of " Independence"--i.e. away from parental restrictions, no studies, lot of money( hard earned ! donot go by present day standards!).
I saw many people using Sun Glasses in Summer. I said to myself--why not me ? I got one from--of all places the Footpath ! Next day it was a Sunday and I was staying in Rasthapeth,I ventured out in hot Sun and suddenly sky became overcast and I went back to the Room and picked up my Umbrella ( the traditional type with a long handle--the folding type had not been introduced in the market yet ). So I started off again--with the Sun Glasses ( my proud possession)
and with an umbrella in hand. I was waiting to cross the Road. Suddenly there was a good Samaritan by my side and trying to help me cross the Road, and saying a few words of sympathy!
That was the last time I ever made an effort to go for Sun Glasses .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

మీ ఆంగ్ల పదజాలము, వర్ణనాసరళి చాలా బాగున్నది. మీరు ఎంతో ఆశపడి తెచ్చుకున్న sunglasses మిమ్మల్ని ఒక తమాషా సన్నివేసంలోకి నెట్టడం నాకు బాగా నవ్వు తెప్పించింది. మీరు ఈ వయసులో బ్లాగులు వ్ర్యాయటం నాకు ఆశ్చర్యాన్ని, ఆనందాన్ని కలిగిస్తున్నది.

హరేఫల said...

సాయి ప్రవిణ్ గారూ,



మీకు నా బ్లాగ్ నచ్చినందుకు ధన్యవాదాలు. ఇక్కడ రాజమండ్రీ కి వచ్చిన తరువాత గోదావరి గాలి తగిలి, ఎదో ఈ మధ్యన తెలుగులో రాస్తున్నాను. అందువలన ఆంగ్లం లో వ్రాయడం కొద్దిగా అశ్రధ్ధ అవుతోంది.