Monday, April 09, 2007

Encounter with a "Gay"

I was only reading about these characters in different magazines. I had the shock of my life when I encountered "one " recently. I was waiting in Bhosle Nagar Bus stop waiting for the Bus.
Suddenly one "gentleman" , aged fiftyish offered me lift on his Scooter. It was quite hot out there at 12.00 Noon. I accepted the " offer" of "lift" and sat on the Pillion. He introduced himself as a Class I officer in Agricultural Department and working at Ahmed Nagar and that he is on vacation here.He started off and as we neared Military Hospital Khadki, the fellow literally started fondling my thighs and started holding my hands and also pulling me towards him,---all this while driving !!
I became very tense and started thinking how to avoid this situation.He was desperate and almost pulled me with his other hand. I really panicked and thinking about ways of escaping. Any rash movements on my part may end in a very nasty accident which may even be fatal. Fortunately, as we approached the Khadki Railway Station, there was Traffic Jam and he slowed down , all the while holding my hand and placing it " you know where"--- I took advantage of the traffic and jumped from the Scooter, the fellow started crying & begged me for my name and address. I took pity on him and gave some name and told that I stay in Mumbai etc..
I felt too embarassed and never wanted to share this "episode" with anybody.
I however informed my dear friend & guide that is my Family Doctor. He gave me the medical side of this disorder and to what desperate stage they would go etc.. He , in fact ,appreciated my timely action and insisted that I share this info. with as many people.
Moral of the Story : Please never " Offer " or " Accept " lift on a vehicle unless you are sure about the identity of the person.

2 comments:

rvk said...

Oh My God!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am glad you did what you did and escaped safely from a possible sex offender. As a gay myself I might understand his sexual desperation and his situation, but that doesn't mean that he can start molesting someone, you in this case, he met on the street. I have encountered such a situation myself and escaped even though I am gay. To me both the men who tried molesting me and you are criminals just like any other sex offenders, gay or otherwise.