Wednesday, September 02, 2015

"PASSION "





    Generally , everybody  has a "passion" about something. Some love travel, some collect stamps, some go for Toys.... etc..  At the end of the day, "passion " is something , which gives the ultimate ecstacy to the soul and a " feel good "  feeling. Some people may say its just  "  पागल  पना" !!     Ofcourse   अप्नी ..अप्नी  खयाल...   Leave it..

      Generally it is seen, present day youth avoid , Senior Citizens , for the simple reason, to escape the " preachings " they deliver...  ये मत करो... वो मत करो..  etc.. etc...If one is bed ridden, the oldie does not have a choice, but what about the people whose faculties are  fully active and functional? How does one expect to spend the time?  Some people join Senior Citizens Clubs and go there religiously every day. Some spend the whole day, pointing out mistakes of  the young ones in the family. Still few others gather  under a tree or on a  bench on the Footpath. Generally " Birds of the same feather"  like ..same workplace, same language, etc.. spend an hour or two  beneath the Banyan Tree.. If they happened to be Retired Government ( that too Central Government only , State Government Employees are taboo )  chaps, the topic for discussion is  7 th Pay Commission or the Expected DA. Nothing else matters..  Few people narrate , how they are  neglected by their Children, or  how his  बहु    does not care about him  (pure imagination !).  These " congregations"  need , like minded fellows.

     Some spend time attending  Adhyatmik Pravachanams. Few people spend time in " Social Work "-- I am still trying to figure it out, what exactly does it mean. Anyway, at the end of the day, what an oldie requires is some one who cares for him. Right?  Let it be Real World or Virtual World. May be in Real World, one gets to meet one's friends physically, but not frequently , however much one wishes.  The Virtual World gave us a wonderful platform-- FACEBOOK.  May be, to start with, one had to send " requests" to become friends. But , as you start putting your own Posts, depending upon the quality and content of the posts, people start sending "request  for adding them as friends".. So you become " somebody" and be "recognised". Afterall, everybody craves for "recognition" only. So .. Mission Accomplished.

    To start with, I was just "sharing " some interesting posts of others. Then thought, " Why not post my own? " .   Most of the present generation are not exactly aware , of anything about the old generation. There were legends , who gave us immense pleasure  through their deeds, writings, etc.. over a period of time through generations. It is only fair that we remember them and pay Tribute ,atleast  on their Anniversary ( Birth / Death ).  In the present day world , everything is on a Fast Track. Nobody has  free time. But almost any and everybody, does not go to bed , without  peeping into this Beautiful Social Network  FACEBOOK, atleast once
.
     I have been putting Posts in FB for the last couple of years. I covered quite a few Celebreties of my choice. Fortunately, they are also "liked " by quite a few. Sometimes , I feel elated when somebody " connects" with the person/profile  I post, through a comment. अछ्छा  लग्ता है... Its not that I am doing a "Great Job", everybody knew about these legends, and they derived immense pleasure, by reading their books, watching their movies, hearing their songs and its always a pleasure to recall those beautiful moments, of olden days, by remembering those  virtuosos. My job in simple words is " just to remind gently... those were the days...".
There are quite a few friends, who wait for my posts. The speed with which, my post is "liked"  almost immediately,  I  feel so happy, for their response... It makes my day and feel assured that there are friends who care for me. Some people ask the eternal question, " इस मे क्या मिल्ता है "   Yes.. I get the utmost satisfaction for a job well done... God Bless all my Friends.

      Generally family members , ignore or stay neutral to these kind of  " acquired activities" of the oldies. But I am blessed , to have a  family who endorses, and fully support my activity.  My wife  Suryalakshmi, is my  ATM-- whenever I fail to get a photograph of the person , I am posting, she just browses  the web and comes out with the Photo. My son Harish, who is the prime source of inspiration  for my web activity.. My daughter  Renu, who encourages me by "liking" my posts , with an occasional comment. My daughter-in-law  Sirisha, who helps me with "easy to understand "  tools, in improving my Blog ( Telugu). . Last ( alphabetically only) but not the least, my Son-in-Law, Vishal, who is my Man Friday  for any of Technical Problems,  always ready ..  What more one wants?

    Hope to continue my activity , only I may have to  change the Topic. I covered most of the legends  and repetition would be  monotonous and boring. I will be happy if any new suggestions   are given.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a pleasure to read your article "Passion" in your blog in English which you restarted after a lapse of nearly five years or so.
You are blessed with a talent of narrating any situation you come across in your blogs in Telugu & English,in such a way that almost every reader of your blogs feel that the narration you made is the real happening in their personal life.The touch of humor in your blogs,adds spice to the situation you describe and mention in your blogs..

I look forward to read more blogs from you in both languages
My best wishes to all of your family members who are behind you to support you in presenting nice blogs in both languages,and very apt description of the dignitarions about whom your face book postings are made by you. You posts in FB helped me particularly to recollect my association with some of the yesteryear personalities who inspired all of us by their contribution to our society during their period of stay amongst us.

Regards & Best Wihes.
E&OE

హరేఫల said...

Sastry garu,

Thank you very much for the kind words. Your comment would act like a tonic for me. Wondering if I could write in acceptable language. Thanks again.

sreedevi said...

Phani babu garu,
whatever people may say,what you are doing is a 'SATKAALAKSHEPAM'.(noppimpaka taa novvaka)
No wonder you are blessed to have a supporting family.
Your FB posts brought many forgotten gems to people's notice.
Ofcourse, far too many times I was confused whether you were talking about a 'living legend' or 'keerthi seshulu'. "AmangaLam pratihatamou gAka" anukovalisi vachchedi.
Showing a life span of a departed soul, eg:In the case of Bapu garu"15 December 1933 – 31 August 2014" in bold letters next to his name would have helped.
Coming to the suggestions part, as an extension of your present work,
you can give links to the works of these people.
Or links to telugu sangeeta sahityalu,which in my opinion will be greatly appreciated.
I've really derived immense pleasure to go through some of the links you have kindly provided in your telugu blog, like links to the old magazines, kutcheris and tv shows.
Looking forward to enjoy your furure posts with a new topic.

హరేఫల said...

Sreedevi garu,

Thanks for your comments. In fact my FB posts should not create any confusion, as I am demarcating the BIRTH and Death anniversaries very clearly. There is always room for improvement and your suggestion is well taken.

There are quite a few options, for the new topic in FB. I will keep in mind your suggestion also... Thanks again..

radhikarao said...

Dear Sir!
Hope I am also covered in your blog to like or cooment on your postings almost immediately.I am rather a fan to your blogs also . so native of its kind.Recently I am noticing a change in your coverage which is appreciable. Jokes,cartoons,Goodnight messages all are awesome.I will be the first person to like your postings.
I wish many more wonderful updates from you.
My humble request.Songs of any language may be enjoyed.Melodious or fast beat.We await such from you.
With regards
Radharao

హరేఫల said...

Anonymous radhikarao gaaru,

In fact , you, and a few otherswere on my mind, for that particular line. The way in which you encourage me, is keeping me active. " Response" from friends is the real " Sanjeevini" in my opinion. If nobody bothers to respond, obviously the quality also deteriorates.
Thanks for your encouragement, which I heartily cherish. Thanks again.

PILLALAMARRI SRINIVAS said...

Understood your passion sir. You are doing a great work.

హరేఫల said...

PILLALAMARRI SRINIVAS,

Thank you very much